This award is given to a local government unit which has rendered exceptional services to a significant number of citizens with disabilities within its jurisdiction in the last two years.
The LGU may either be provincial, municipality, city, or barangay.
To be considered for the Award, LGU nominee must meet the following criteria:
1. Passage of significant number of ordinances that protect & uphold the Rights of Persons With Disabilities
2. Establishment of PWD-friendly and accessible physical structures, architectural features and facilities;
3. Active implementation of programs supporting PWD livelihood, employment, training, etc.
4. Implementation of programs that create PWD awareness
5. Implementation of programs that positively impact on the community