The award is given to volunteers/groups that have significantly enhanced and/or supported programs that break down physical and attitudinal barriers that keep PWDs from participating fully in their communities; and whose work encourages the community to promote inclusion, integration and equal rights and opportunities for PWDs.
Eligibility for Nomination:
1. Filipino citizens and those who- for the past two years supported Filipino PWDs and/or their families and PWD organizations through care/service provision, advocacy, social action, community development, legal action and related services.
2. Can either be:
· a person (with or without disability) who volunteers his/her exemplary services/time
· a group of volunteers (with or without disability) or a community-managed organization who volunteers their services/time, without receiving compensation
· a duly SEC registered non-stock, non-profit, or an organization duly recognized by DSWD, NCDA, DOLE, TESDA or attested to by an individual of legal capacity.
3. Work and achievements must have taken place in the Philippines
4. Work and achievements must be relevant and consistent PWD issues and concerns including existing laws, social and economic development and others
To be considered for the Award, a nominee must meet the following criteria:
1. Rehabilitation Group/volunteer’s programs and projects must have created impact on the quality of life for PWDs.
2. Consciously provided inclusion of PWD in development work and decision making.
3. Programs and projects are sustainable and have provided benefits to the sector.